Please see below for reporting on different platforms as The Rural Youth Network cannot moderate content on other online platforms.
Any communications or behaviour which you feel breaches the User agreement can be reported to Youthrive. Report something here.
Please keep in mind if you are engaging with someone on a different platform it is best to report them to that platform. Please see the below links for useful information.
Please follow Reddit's reporting steps found here.
Code of conduct
By signing up to The Rural Youth Network you are agreeing to;
- Be respectful to other users at all times.
- Interact in positive and authentic ways with others at all times.
- Not demonstrate any behaviour that is unlawful, discriminatory, bullying or likely to endanger the safety of others.
- Be responsible for my own personal safety while interacting online and respect the boundaries other users have
Suggested Group Guidelines
- Always Be Kind and Courteous
- No Hate Speech or Bullying
- Respect Everyone's Privacy
Last Updated: June 2021
www.ryn.org.au is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience. www.ryn.org.au is bound by the Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
Collection of your personal information:
There are many aspects of the site which can be viewed without providing personal information, however, for access to future ryn.org.au customer support features you are required to submit personally identifiable information. This may include but is not limited to a unique username and password, or sensitive information in the recovery of your lost password.
For each visitor to reach the site, we also expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address.
Sharing of your personal information
We may occasionally hire other companies (third parties) to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or customer freight shipping. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service.
Some of these third parties to which we disclose personal information may be located overseas, including in the United States. These third parties may not be subject to Australian privacy laws. However, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that those organisations comply with applicable privacy laws.
Use of your personal information
We will only use or disclose your personal information:
- for the purpose for which it was collected (or a related purpose that you would reasonably expect);
- for any other purpose for which you’ve given your consent; and
- otherwise where we are permitted or required to do so by law.
We will use your non-personal information for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are using www.ryn.org.au . We will not sell your personal information to third parties without your consent.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will use for these new purposes only data collected from the time of the policy change, which thereafter will adhere to our updated practices.
If you consent to receiving direct marketing communications from us, we may contact you through email. If you don't want us to contact you for these purposes, you can let us know at any time by either logging in to www.ryn.org.au and updating your email communication preferences, or clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our email marketing communications.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, know what information we have and correct any inaccuracies (subject to exceptions allowed by law). If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. www.ryn.org.au reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.
To: Youthrive Victoria
85a Albert Street, Creswick
If you’re not satisfied with how we’ve handled your complaint, you can lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). The OAIC has the power to investigate the matter and make a determination. For more information please visit the OAIC's website.
1. The content of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without prior notice.
3. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the performance, accuracy, timeliness, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You hereby acknowledge that such information and materials may contain mistakes, inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude any liability for such to the fullest extent permissible by law.
4. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
5. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us, our providers and publishing bodies. This material includes, but is not limited to, the content, design, layout, appearance, look and graphics of the website. Any reproduction of the website’s material is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
6. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the website.
7. Unauthorised use of this website may be a criminal offence and/or give rise to a claim for damages.
8. This website may also, on occasion, include links to other websites which are not controlled by us. These links are provided for your convenience to provide you with further information. You acknowledge that they are used at your own risk. They do not signify that we recommend or endorse the websites. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those websites.
9. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of your use of it is subject to the laws of Victoria.
10. You may only use the website for lawful purposes and in a manner consistent with the nature and purpose of the website.
11. These terms and conditions do not relate to your use of any product or service described on our website unless otherwise agreed. You must refer to the individual warranty relevant to any particular product or service.
12. These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time. Your continued use of our website following any such amendments will be deemed to be confirmation that you accept those amendments.
13. You indemnify us from and against all claims, suits, demands, actions, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) resulting from your use of the website.
14. In no event will we be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense including legal costs and expenses (whether direct or indirect) incurred by you in connection with the use of this website.
15. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues or any issue beyond our control.
16. All imagery displayed on the website ryn.org.au are the copyrighted works of their photographer and are not to be reproduced or redistributed in any way without the express written permission of their owner.
17. If we determine that you have clearly, seriously or repeatedly breached these terms and conditions, or our code of conduct, we may suspend or permanently disable access to your account. We may also suspend or disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights or where we are required to do so for legal reasons.
18. We will notify you (for example, by email or through our website ryn.org.au) at least 30 days before we make changes to these terms and conditions to give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect, unless changes are required by law. Once any updated terms and conditions are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our website.
You can remove your account by:
1) Logging into your account
2) Clicking settings in the side menu
3) Selecting "Delete account" and following the onscreen prompts
Once your account has been removed, your data is immediately deleted from the Rural Youth Network website. Along with your account data, we also remove any listings you created, along with your favourited, connection and other account specific data.
Note: Your data might still be accessible in some archived locations to assist with system accountability, and user safety until manually removed. If you'd like this removed urgently, please contact our team at [email protected].
If your account has been removed, and you have any questions, please contact the Rural Youth Network team at [email protected].
Looking for extra support. Please contact us.